[oe] Boost compilation error

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 18:54:44 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 6:25 AM, Gregoire Gentil <gregoire at gentil.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I get this error when building latest of boost:
> http://pastebin.com/m6bb87892

The message says that the ELF machine headers did not match.  EM_ARM
is 40 and EM_386 is 3
so it seems your build did not use cross compiler for some reason. If
you were compiling for arm it should show EM_ARM
try to dump one of the file using readelf -h and check what it says for Machine:

> I'm on Ubuntu 9.10 with gcc4.4.

gcc version on host would not be of significance as the package should
be compiled using the cross gcc that
was built with openembedded build you did.