[oe] Kernel Configuration - what affect the way ethernet port functions

Stuart Gray stuart68 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 20:37:57 UTC 2009

Hi,

Is there anything in the kernel set up apart from including the smsc911
module by default that would affect the way that the port is set up when it
is a DHCP Client i.e. it receives its IP Address from a router.

I am getting the broadcast address set to 0.0.0.0.

If this is not kernel related then are there any flags that require to be
set that control hos the smsc91C11 part functions?

I really need help to resolve this issue.

Cheers,
Stuart