[oe] How to put generated shared lib into the final output image of OE

Ali Akbar Zarezadeh akzare at cs.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Oct 1 21:16:36 UTC 2009

Hi again,

Thanks to Koen and Khem. I have built libraries for openCV and ACE. The
next step would be to add those generated libraries to final image,
therefore later our application programs would use them as shared
libraries. Refer to page#21 of usermanual.pdf, I have inserted this line
to my distro conf file:

ASSUME_SHLIBS += "libACE.so:ace-5.6.8 libcv.so.2:opencv-1.0.0
libcxcore.so.2:opencv-1.0.0 libcvaux.so.2:opencv-1.0.0
libml.so.2:opencv-1.0.0"

But, as I have already checked inside files-in-image.txt, still those
libraries are missing.

Also, as an alternative approach, I have modified image bb file like
this:

OPENCV_INSTALL ?= "opencv"
ACE_INSTALL ?= "ace"

DEPENDS = "\
	... \
	${OPENCV_INSTALL} \
	${ACE_INSTALL} \
        ... \

RDEPENDS = "\
	${ACE_INSTALL} \
	${ACE_INSTALL}"

but, still it didn't work. In the last chance, again I have changed the
image bb file as follows:

IMAGE_INSTALL = "\
        ${OPENCV_INSTALL} \
        ${ACE_INSTALL} \
	"
This time bitbake complains with such error:

.
.
.
| + ln -s opkg /opt/local/oe/tmp/rootfs/etc/ipkg
| + ln -s opkg /opt/local/oe/tmp/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg
| + log_check rootfs
| + set +x
| log_check:
Using /opt/local/oe/tmp/work/xilinx-ml403-angstrom-linux/picsy-image-1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.1487 as logfile
| log_check: There were error messages in the logfile
| log_check: Matched keyword: [Cannot find package]
| Collected errors:
|  * Cannot find package opencv.
|  * Cannot find package ace.
| + export D=/opt/local/oe/tmp/rootfs

NOTE: Task
failed: /opt/local/oe/tmp/work/xilinx-ml403-angstrom-linux/picsy-image-1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.1487
ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting
ERROR: Build of /opt/local/oe/openembedded/recipes/images/picsy-image.bb
do_rootfs failed
ERROR: Task 10
(/opt/local/oe/openembedded/recipes/images/picsy-image.bb, do_rootfs)
failed
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2282 tasks of which 2282 didn't need to
be rerun and 1 failed.
ERROR: '/opt/local/oe/openembedded/recipes/images/picsy-image.bb' failed

As far as I could understand from user manual, maybe the solution would
be "8.14. Staging: Making includes and libraries available for
building" or "8.16. Installation scripts: Running scripts during
package install and/or removal", but I am not sure and get confused!

I don't know how to find a way for this issue. Any help is highly
appreciated.

Cheers
Ali