[oe] [RFC] Experimental XFCE 4.6.1 support.

John Willis John.Willis at Distant-earth.com
Tue Oct 13 12:22:03 UTC 2009

Attached is the 1st cut of some recipe patches I have been hacking on to add
XFCE 4.6.1 to OpenEmbedded.

These recipes are far from perfect (yet to be style checked and I am sure
there are some packaging omissions/bugs in there) but I am posting them here
to ensure they don't get lost and get any feedback.

They are in no way fit for use in anger and they currently don't play nicely
with the existing 4.4.* recipes (side by side versioning/build issues etc.).

The patch introduces an xfce-base folder for the core XFCE files and an
xfce-extras for holding the non-core support applications, ristretto,
squeeze, gigolo etc. etc.

It also introduces a new task-xfce46-base.bb/task-xfce46-extras.bb to tie it
all up. xfce46-image.bb should build you up a sample image if you so desire.

Regards,

John Willis

--

> What is a grue?

The grue is a sinister, lurking presence in the dark places of the earth.
Its favourite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered
by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and
few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.