[oe] openrd client in openembedded

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 18:31:21 UTC 2009

I want to inform everyone that I added support for openrd client in
openembedded.
That is: I created a machine/openrd-client.conf, I updated the
kirkwood kernel recipe to the latest git head and I added a defconfig
for openrd-client.

Note that the git head does not support all openrd client functionality yet.

As far as I know the following functionality is missing/not working
1. SD/UART1 selection
2. MPP configuration (currently, default)
3. PEX
4. Audio
5. VGA

I expect the kirkwood recipe also to work for sheevaplug and openrd-base.
However I haven't had time yet to verify things with sheevaplug, and I
do not have the hardware to test with openrd base.

I've added a fair amount of modules, but feel free to let me know if
changes in defconfig are needed.

Frans.