[oe] glibc_2.9 compile failed for armv5te

Steffen Sledz sledz at dresearch.de
Fri Oct 16 06:29:56 UTC 2009

Khem Raj wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 5:31 AM, Steffen Sledz <sledz at dresearch.de> wrote:
>> Phil Blundell schrieb:

> usually such error means that a undefined define is being used in assembly
> like in this case LDR a3, [a3, #RTLD_GLOBAL_RO_DL_HWCAP_OFFSET]
>
> you should trace why RTLD_GLOBAL_RO_DL_HWCAP_OFFSET is not being defined
> correctly

Sorry, but i'm not really able to trace this. My knowledge in
assembler and tricky glibc build tooling (and the time i'm able to
invest) is limited.

The mentioned symbol seems to be defined in a file named
rtld-global-offsets.sym. It contains these lines:

 #define SHARED 1

 #include <ldsodefs.h>

 #define rtld_global_ro_offsetof(mem) offsetof (struct rtld_global_ro,
mem)

 RTLD_GLOBAL_RO_DL_HWCAP_OFFSET  rtld_global_ro_offsetof (_dl_hwcap)

But it's not clear to me, how this is involved in the build process. :(

Steffen