[oe] commit 806811bf2d72827d3031bfcd5dbab1e82324d34e breaks distros

Mike Westerhof mike at mwester.net
Fri Oct 16 23:44:52 UTC 2009

The following commit breaks numerous non-angstrom distros:

commit 806811bf2d72827d3031bfcd5dbab1e82324d34e
Author: Denys Dmytriyenko <denis at denix.org>
Date:   Wed Oct 14 14:25:07 2009 -0400

    angstrom: clean ups of the external toolchain support

The symptom of the problem is this:

$ bitbake slugos-image
ERROR: Unable to parse conf/bitbake.conf (Could not include required
file conf/distro/include/glibc.inc)
$

It seems that glibc.inc has been removed, and possibly replaced by
either an external or an internal variant, but no non-angstrom distros
have been updated.

Please forgive me if there was a discussion of this change on the
mailing list; I have been locked away behind corporate firewalls, and
living on-the-road for the past months, and just haven't been able to
keep up. :(

How do I fix this, please?

-Mike (mwester)