[oe] Revert "package bbclass: strip static libs as well"

Stanislav Brabec utx at penguin.cz
Sat Oct 24 13:27:15 UTC 2009

On Oct 24, 2009 at 10:48:22 Koen Kooi wrote:

> I would be happy to take special care of the above recipe in my fixup
> branch. Do we all agree that the above .a files need to go into -dev
> packages? If so I'll add something like FILES_${PN}-static = "" to
> the
>
> affected recipes

All mentioned libraries above must go to -dev or -sdk, otherwise you
will not be able to build against them without -static installled.

FILES_${PN}-static = "" is not fully correct general solution. There
are projects, that have more static libraries. Only listed static
libraries must go to -dev, the rest may go to -static. A good
example is libsdl-x11. Only libSDLmain.a must go to -dev, the rest may
go to -static. I'll try to create smarter expression to find such
packages.

Note that this list covers only packages actually built for my image.

> And these wouldn't need special handling:

All of them probably would need. For example without libgcc.a you will
not be able to compile.

--
Stanislav Brabec
http://www.penguin.cz/~utx/zaurus