[oe] Revert "package bbclass: strip static libs as well"

Phil Blundell pb at reciva.com
Sat Oct 24 14:33:57 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-24 at 16:13 +0200, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
> gcc may need special care and double thinking. But I guess that the
> logic: "Do you want to compile static binaries? Install gcc-static." is
> valid here as well.

That logic does indeed make sense, though I think on most DISTROs there
would be nothing useful to put in gcc-static.  You could relegate
libgcc.a there if your gcc configuration had --shared-libgcc as default,
but I don't think many/any DISTROs are doing that at present.  (I've
been considering it for micro but I haven't had time to actually make
the change.)

p.