[oe] gst-plugins-base -> gnome-vfs question

Tue Oct 27 13:31:01 UTC 2009

Current "gst-plugins-base" in org.oe.dev unconditionally depends on
"gnome-vfs" which in turn pulls in stuff like "avahi".

Is that what most people in OE want? It can be turned off on compile
time with: "--disable-gnome_vfs", making it optional.

I don't want avahi on my Freerunner, just because I want sound on it :-).

Should we look into an OEXTRA_CONF solution? Let me know if I have said
something dumb here or overlooked something obvious.

Thanks,
spaetz