[oe] gst-plugins-base -> gnome-vfs question

Tue Oct 27 13:59:36 UTC 2009

Koen Kooi wrote:
> On 27-10-09 14:31, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
>> Current "gst-plugins-base" in org.oe.dev unconditionally depends on
>> "gnome-vfs" which in turn pulls in stuff like "avahi".

> It's already optional, don't install gst-plugin-gnomevfs
Thanks for the quick reply.
I was referring to the fact that the "gst-plugins-base" package directly
depends on gnome-vfs.

eg.
http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/tree/recipes/gstreamer/gst-plugins-base_0.10.22.bb
contains:
DEPENDS += "libtheora alsa-lib libsm virtual/libx11 freetype gnome-vfs
libxv"

This does not look very optional to me. I keep thinking that there must
be something very obvious that I have missed.

>> I don't want avahi on my Freerunner, just because I want sound on it :-).
> I think you are confusing avahi and pulseaudio, in both cases you need
> to read up on the subject.

I do know the difference between avahi and pulseaudio, thank you ;-).

> You overlooked that installing gst-plugin-gnomevfs is completely your
> own choice

but gst-plugins-base pulling in gnome-vfs in its DEPENDS is not
optional, right?

Anyway, thanks for you quick reply. I guess I must have overlooked
something glaringly obvious here...

spaetz