[oe] Fwd: 2.6.31 won't boot from nand (c7x0 and tosa)

Andrea Adami andrea.adami at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 23:05:59 UTC 2009

Forwarded conversation
Subject: 2.6.31 won't boot from nand (c7x0 and tosa)
------------------------

From: *Andrea Adami* <andrea.adami at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 8:52 AM
To: Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov <dbaryshkov at gmail.com>, Stanislav Brabec <
utx at penguin.cz>, pavel at ucw.cz, - Cortez - <omegamoon at gmail.com>, Yuri
Bushmelev <jay4mail at gmail.com>

Hello,

I spent some hours compiling various *vanilla* flavours of 2.6.31 for
c7x0, up to 2.6.31.3.
The kernel boots just fine from SD/CF using kexec(boot) but hangs
immediately if launched from nand.

I double-checked the .config and I'm sure I've had the same mtd
options as in 2.6, so it should just boot...
Last lines on console are from bootloader: *** Jumping to Linux ***
and then nothing...no leds activity nor reboot after flash.

What's interesting is that Tosa too doesn't boot from nand with this
kernel, so possibly is the same issue.
Any idea, any floating patch?

Regards

Andrea