[oe] Checksums.ini again - new format this time

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin at juszkiewicz.com.pl
Thu Oct 29 11:41:34 UTC 2009

Hi

I know that checksums.ini returns many times on ML so many of you are bored
with it. But I have some stuff to show/share about it.

Sometime ago new format was suggested for conf/checksums.ini and I implemented
it today. It looks simple and is simple:

[archivename]
url0=url-to-sources
url1=alternative-url-to-sources
url2=another-alternative-url-to-sources
md5=md5sum
sha256=sha256sum

What differs from old implementation? Use of archive names instead of urls so
no more "I fetch from my local Debian mirror and got hit by lack of checksums"
etc problems. By default OE does not even care about urls - it just checks for
section by archive name and use md5/sha256 sums to check does file is the
proper one. Urls can be used by source mirror building tools.

How many changes are needed? Few:

1. 3 lines patch to base.bbclass
2. new checksums sorter
3. old checksums -> new checksums converter

I think that it would be nice to switch to that.

Ideas? Opinions?

Regards,
JID:      hrw at jabber.org
Website:  http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/