[oe] MACHINE_KERNEL_PR issue

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 07:44:07 UTC 2009

2009/10/26 Frans Meulenbroeks <fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com>:

>>> koen at dominion:/OE/org.openembedded.dev$ grep PR_append recipes/ti/*
>>> recipes/ti/ti-cmem-module_2.24.01.bb:MACHINE_KERNEL_PR_append = "a"
>>> recipes/ti/ti-dm355mm-module_1.13.bb:MACHINE_KERNEL_PR_append = "a"
>>> recipes/ti/ti-dmai_svn.bb:MACHINE_KERNEL_PR_append = "c"
>>> recipes/ti/ti-dsplink-module_1.61.3.bb:MACHINE_KERNEL_PR_append = "a"
>>> recipes/ti/ti-lpm-module_2.24.01.bb:MACHINE_KERNEL_PR_append = "a"
>>> recipes/ti/ti-sdma-module_2.24.01.bb:MACHINE_KERNEL_PR_append = "a"
>>
>> Ah, ok didn't know about that one and when coined this on #oe no-one
>> mentioned this solution.
>> Thanks alot! Frans
>>

> Two more things:
>
> We have about 83 recipes that do inherit module.
> and 12 that have MACHINE_KERNEL_PR (10 ti ones, linux omap pm and
> open-iscsi which I just added)
> so ti seems 71 have a problem
>
> and why not change the class and add _$(PR) or so instead of _append ?
As I saw no replies on this, replying to it myself to bring it on the
table again.

Can we agree on a policy wrt versioning of kernel modules.
My preference is a solution which uses ${MACHINE_KERNEL_PR} '+' ${PR}
where the recipe provides PR (just like for non-kernel recipes).
Can we agree on this (and can someone implement this, or do you trust
my measly python skills to do this myself :-) )

Frans