[oe] Fwd: Re: wpa_supplicant and GnuTLS

Howard Chu hyc at symas.com
Tue Sep 8 07:23:46 UTC 2009

On the Always Innovating TouchBook I've found that the wpa_supplicant always
fails on WPA-EAP authentication in its default package, built with GnuTLS. It
works fine when I rebuild it using OpenSSL. It's surprising the number of
packages in the distro that depend on GnuTLS. I think you should seriously
reconsider relying on such a volatile library in your builds.