[oe] srctree & gitver

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Tue Sep 1 13:38:28 UTC 2009

Hello Chris,

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 11:05 PM, Chris Larson<clarson at kergoth.com> wrote:
[...]
> gitver facilitates extraction of version information from git.  By
> default, it runs 'git describe' to get the version.  If that fails, it
> will set the version to 0.0-<sha1 hash>.  This version is stored in
> the ${GITVER} variable, and can be used in the recipe's PV variable.
> When using this, it will automatically detect changes to .git/HEAD
> (i.e. commit your local changes, check out a different branch, ..) and
> invalidate the bitbake cache, pick up the new PV, and know that it
> needs to re-run the build steps.
[...]

In the line of your gitver class we've been using a bitbake change for
it already for some time.

What we did is to add a AUTOPV (as we have AUTOREV) to bitbake and use it in OE.

I'm attaching the diff for it here.

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854         http://projetos.ossystems.com.br