[oe] TI DSP updates

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Thu Sep 3 08:00:37 UTC 2009

On 03-09-09 04:17, Howard Chu wrote:
> These are the changes I made to use the latest Codec engine, DSP
> modules, etc. for OMAP3530 to build. Tested and working with
> gstreamer-ti on an Always Innovating Touch Book with linux-omap_2.6.29
> kernel / Angstrom...

Thank you for your work on this! Your work does seem to be based on an
outdated OE checkout, could you try to rebase it on the current
org.openembedded.dev branch?

> To get a working codec server on the Touch Book, which has 256MB of RAM,
> I had to modify the default server config:

To move the memorymap more stuff has to get changed, but there's an
easier way that also works with 512MiB and 1024MiB RAM:

put 'mem=80M at 0x80000000 mem=128M at 0x88000000' in your bootargs and make
sure your kernel has the arch-has-holes.diff applied to make that
memoryhole work.

regards,

Koen