[oe] Request for NEWS item: bitbake in GIT

Marco Cavallini koansoftware at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 11:13:23 UTC 2009

Leon Woestenberg ha scritto, Il 06/09/2009 01:30:
> For users not reading the mailing list, it is mostly unknown that
> bitbake is now maintained in GIT.
>
> I just modified the "Getting Started -> Bitbake
> (http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/BitBake)" to reflect this to
> some extend.
>
> However, all other references to BitBake link to the bitbake project
> page on berlios which mentions the SVN repo.
>
> Maybe adding a News item in the wiki helps; I vaguely remember News is
> moderated (cbrake?)
>
> Thanks,

Would you also suggest to replace the old
svn co svn://svn.berlios.de/bitbake/branches/bitbake-1.8/ bitbake
with a newer git clone command in OE related documentation?

Cordiali Saluti / Kindest Regards / mit freundlichen Grüssen
--
Marco Cavallini | KOAN sas | Bergamo - Italia
 embedded and real-time software engineering