[oe] very obscure race: access to a just-populated binary

Stanislav Brabec utx at penguin.cz
Sun Sep 6 17:49:24 UTC 2009

Phil Blundell wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-09-06 at 13:31 +0100, Phil Blundell wrote:

> > > - extending of DEPENDS/RDEPENDS of native packages
>
> I'm not quite sure how this would help, but possibly I don't understand
> exactly what you're suggesting.

If intltool-native would contain DEPENDS = "grep-native", than intltool
build will probably wait for finishing of grep-native build or rebuild.

But it may be couter-productive to catch all of these dependencies (and
cause dependency loops) - coreutils-native, grep-native, sed-native
are dependencies of nearly all recipes.

> > > - do_unpack should respect dependencies, otherwise it can happen with
> > >   unzip-native
>
> As far as I know, do_unpack should already respect dependencies (i.e.
> "do_unpack[depends] += ...".  Is that not working for you?

i did not know it. recipes/jpeg/jasper_1.900.1.bb and other recipes
contain DEPENDS = "unzip-native", and it does not work.