[oe] Fwd: Re: wpa_supplicant and GnuTLS

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger+oe at freyther.de
Wed Sep 9 07:32:52 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 08 September 2009 09:23:46 Howard Chu wrote:
> On the Always Innovating TouchBook I've found that the wpa_supplicant
> always fails on WPA-EAP authentication in its default package, built with
> GnuTLS. It works fine when I rebuild it using OpenSSL. It's surprising the
> number of packages in the distro that depend on GnuTLS. I think you should
> seriously reconsider relying on such a volatile library in your builds.

Thanks, do you note that there are at least two things to consider? OpenSSL is
considered to not be GPL compatible. So people that want to distribute
binaries or don't want to advertize Eric Young can use GnuTLS or no SSL at
all..

Do you have any idea why wpa_supplicant is failing with GnuTLS? Is it in
wpa_supplicant or GNUtls?

z.