[oe] What is the best board options to start openembedded apps?

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at mac.com
Thu Sep 10 18:44:21 UTC 2009

Hi,
	Try the gumstix boards:

http://www.gumstix.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=31&products_id=227

Consider buying the gumstix
- Overo Air/Fire module with wifi
- Palo43 expansion board with LCD interface
- Samsung 4.3" LCD display module

Here is a link to get an initial Android port running on the Overo,
power management is still flaky: http://web.mac.com/elvis.dowson/Download/Android/Entries/2009/6/20_Port_of_android-2.6.29_kernel_to_Gumstix_Overo_Platform.html

If you search the gumstix mailing list, I've posted various technotes
on how to get started with OpenEmbedded and the gumstix module.

Best regards,

Elvis