[oe] Slow bitbake, maybe can be compiled some part!

Sushi Sensei sinestado at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 15:38:13 UTC 2009

When I try to rebuild a distro bitbake rebuild the cache and then try to
resolve any missing task queue dependencies.

This moment is the big bottleneck in the process.

I've founded this project :
http://shed-skin.blogspot.com/2009/07/shed-skin-02.html

Is a C++ traducer for python to compile native a program.

I've consulted to the programmer about the posibility of "traduce" bitbake
with this program. This is his answer:

"I'm afraid it's way too big and dynamic (as described in the tutorial). it
might be possible to compile some time-critical part as an extension module,
but I wouldn't know which part.. :)"

Sombody can help to the shed-skin developer to accelerate some critical
modules in Bitbake?

(I'm not a python programmer!)