[oe] automake/aclocal or env problem?

Stanislav Brabec utx at penguin.cz
Wed Sep 16 16:23:37 UTC 2009

Steffen Sledz wrote:
> We're using automake (1.10.2) on our target machine for rapid prototyping.
>
> Calling "autoreconf --install" results in this error:
>
>  /usr/bin/env: perl -w: No such file or directory
>  autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 127

I see this problem on Zaurus as well.

> My interpretation is that execve looks e.g. for an executable named "/usr/bin/perl -w" and not for "/usr/bin/perl" with option "-w". A look into /usr/bin/aclocal shows this shebang line:

Yes.

> I'm not sure if this is wrong or /usr/bin/env is buggy.

Well. I was thinking so as well. But if you call /usr/bin/env perl -w
from the command line, then it works as expected. In #! line it does not
work. Neither in busybox env nor in coreutils env. It's probably
expected behavior and the problem is introduced by
recipes/autoconf/autoconf-2.63/path_prog_fixes.patch.

We would probably need ac_cv_path_ magic, exactly as it is done in
recipes/libtool. It seems to work properly for both native and target.

--
Stanislav Brabec
http://www.penguin.cz/~utx/zaurus