[oe] bitbake freeze :(

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 18:28:22 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 9:22 AM, Steffen Sledz <sledz at dresearch.de> wrote:
> Since a few days i see this crazy behavior. Sometimes bitbake freezes (everytime at the same stages if it freezes) when building a target (e.g. with "bitbake drapptempl"). top tells me that a "make all" process is running and consuming all resources of one cpu.

I had an issue recently where opkg was prompting the user to overwrite
a file in the rootfs phase.  I would ctrl-C bitbake when it appeared
to be hung, but soon learned there were additional bitbake processes
still running.  When I ran killall bitbake, the error message showed
up.  You might find something by running bitbake with -DDDD.

Cliff