[oe] x86->x86 GRUB bootable image in OE?

Peter Chubb peter.chubb at nicta.com.au
Mon Sep 28 21:06:31 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Leon" == Leon Woestenberg <leon.woestenberg at gmail.com> writes:

Leon> Hello, on x86 target support, I have some ideas how to create
Leon> bootable disk images from OE using GRUB (not using the post
Leon> image command approach).

Leon> However, I suspect this will only work if we have GRUB on the
Leon> host, i.e. assume a x86 host, and have grub-native.

We tried this for our system.  You need to split grub into the
grub-installer part and the grub part, and the way that grub 0.97
works doesn't really fit nicely.  Grub 2 may be better.

We ended up switching to syslinux which works nicely cross-platform.

Peter C

--
Dr Peter Chubb		www.nicta.com.au    peter DOT chubb AT nicta.com.au
http://www.ertos.nicta.com.au           ERTOS within National ICT Australia