[oe] udev problems on angstrom-2008.1

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Tue Sep 29 18:10:02 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 10:09:00AM +0100, Phil Blundell wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 17:52 +0300, Vasily Khoruzhick wrote:
> > udevd-event[1918]: mknod(/dev/vcS, 020660, (7,0) failed: No space left on
> > device
>
> You probably need to increase the inode allocation for tmpfs.  See the
> mount(8) manpage where it talks about the nr_inodes option.

>From the tmpfs documentation it kind of implies inodes take half the RAM
pages:

nr_inodes: The maximum number of inodes for this instance. The default
           is half of the number of your physical RAM pages, or (on a
           machine with highmem) the number of lowmem RAM pages,
           whichever is the lower.

Now while reading it again, I think I may have misread it previously...
Looks like half the RAM pages is used as a default number of inodes, but
inodes don't consume that much. It's good to know udev is not a pig... :)

--
Denys