[oe] sane-srcrevs.inc: moving all svn SRCREVs to recipes

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Thu Apr 1 15:22:10 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 17:11 +0200, Martin Jansa wrote:
> as already said here, global files are common place for conflicts and SRCREV
> belongs to recipe metadata.
>
> This 2 patches are moving all SRCREVs for svn recipes, with some cleanup in few
> places, like renamed package to show it's from svn, or unified PV to contain
> +svnr${SRCPV}.
>
> Please ACK or NACK soon as this gets conflicts soon. If there is no NACK in 20
> hours I would like to push it. Thanks
>
> Regards,
>
> BTW: git SRCREVs weren't moved to recipes only because I'm maintaining SRCPV
> branch and I don't want even more conflicts, I'll move the rest as soon as SRCPV
> is allowed in oe.dev branch for git recipes (please....).

Someone asked me at some point why we had revisions in a common file
rather than in the recipes. I've now remembered why this was necessary.
The reason was that you could not set a PREFERRED_VERSION of a recipe
using a SRCREV unless the SRCREV was in the configuration space rather
than in the recipe context.

Now we have the '%' character in PREFERRED_VERSION strings this becomes
much less of an issue.

Please beware of moving anything used in a PREFERRED_VERSION string
though.

Cheers,

Richard