[oe] Initial work on an Android SDK via openembedded

Angus Lees alees at google.com
Fri Apr 9 05:46:30 UTC 2010

Just an FYI:

I put together an alternative Android NDK using Openembedded:
 git://github.com/anguslees/openembedded-android.git

It currently uses the prebuilt Android libc (bionic) and various tools
from the Google Android NDK/SDK, but builds gcc, etc from Openembedded
source.  I expect to expand it to build the other pieces from source
eventually.  I had to patch the gcc and other recipies a little, which
is why it's a git branch rather than a self-contained bitbake
collection.

This is my first-ever look at bitbake or openembedded, so apologies if
any of the recipies are atrocious ;)

(Totally unsupported by Google.  I work for Google but don't work on
anything to do with Android - I just happen to have an Android handset
and a desire to write native apps for it in my free time)

--
 - Gus