[oe] postinst scripts and opkg configure

Sergey Lapin slapinid at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 10:26:22 UTC 2010

Hi, all!

If I understand properly, during image preparation, postinst scripts
for each package are run.
If they fail, package gets status 'unpacked'. Otherwise, it gets
status 'installed'.

So, with recent images I have to run all postinst scripts again on
device for services
like udev or dropbear to work. These packages get 'installed' status,
so postinst
scripts won't normally run during 'opkg configure', but /etc/rc*d
links are not created for them during
image build. Any ideas on fixing, or what is really being wrong here?
I build quite
small image, so very few packages need this, but for bigger one there
might be lots of them. Any ideas on fixing?
Also, 'configure' runs as S99configure in 'S' runlevel. That means
that if package installs something there
like update-rc.d S 01 . that will be executed only on reboot, so it
needs to execute these init scripts directly from postinst.
Am I right?

Thanks a lot,
S.