[oe] postinst scripts and opkg configure

Mike Westerhof mike at mwester.net
Fri Apr 9 14:26:40 UTC 2010

Sergey Lapin wrote:
>> Actually, update-rc.d scripts should work on build host (that "$OPT" in script
>> is exactly for that purpose) and so are update-alternatives (thanks to
>> OPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT magic), so there might be something wrong with your setup.
> I found the reason for that error - update-rc.d is not being staged,
> so scripts fail.

Same problem encountered here - this commit fixed it for SlugOS (which
has its own initscripts which explicitly invoke update-rc.d, thus
causing an obvious build failure): c906fd7faa8517ca565faba90887d10ebb90e092
Basically, adding RDEPENDS="update-rc.d" and
DEPENDS="update-rc.d-native" resolved the issue.

(I glanced at the other initscripts BB files, and didn't change those
because there wasn't an obvious reference to update-rc.d in the recipes
-- I didn't consider the use case you described or I would have fixed
those recipes as well.)

> bitbake update-rc.d update-rc.d-native -c rebuild doesn't help either.
> Can't see why, because copying it from workdir to staging bin fixes
> this problem.
> Any ideas?
>
> S.

-Mike (mwester)