[oe] Problem creating 'task-' recipe

Mark Butsch mbutsch at syntech-fuelmaster.com
Fri Apr 9 18:24:30 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am trying to write a 'task-' recipe to pull together the separate recipes of my application. I then use IMAGE_INSTALL += in my image recipe to pull in the task recipe. I based it on the existing task- recipes.

All the recipes run, but the files to placed in the rootfs don't make it there.

If I use IMAGE_INSTALL += for the individual recipes in my image recipe, the files get placed in the rootfs.

Any ideas on where I might be going wrong?

I am using Angstrom as my distro and the OE stable branch.

------ here is my task-aposd.bb file ----------
DESCRIPTION = "Task to assemble Syn-tech Systems' APOSD"
PR = "r0"

inherit task

RDEPENDS_${PN} = " \
    libsynlib \