[oe] Catching signal interrupt on gst-launch

John Tobias jtobias at viaas.com
Tue Apr 20 00:52:02 UTC 2010

Hi Guys,

I have a problem running this command: gst-launch v4l2src ! tih264  !
fakesink
The gst-launch did not catch the signal interrupt when I hit the ctrl+c. The
pipeline exited immediately instead of going through the _change_state
transition of the pipeline.

Then, I tried the gst-launch v4l2src ! fakesink, it works correctly.

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock

<-- gst-launch detected the interrupt here..->

Caught interrupt -- handling interrupt.
Interrupt: Stopping pipeline ...
Execution ended after 1710703481 ns.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
clean stopped pipeline<6>
Starting of vpfe_release...<6>
 doing full release, started is 0
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

I don't understand why the gst-launch giving me two different behavior with
regards to the signal handling. I am running Angstrom build for dm6446
chipset.

Can anyone tell me why I am getting different behavior?

Thanks,

John