[oe] About having a static /dev

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Thu Apr 22 11:55:43 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-22 at 13:43 +0200, Antonio Ospite wrote:
>  2. If I install any package which depends on udev then udev is brought
>     in and the static layout is gone at the next boot.

I think your best option is probably to make udev be a DISTRO_FEATURE
and not set it for your own distribution.

If you genuinely want udev to be selected (for your particular DISTRO)
on a per-MACHINE basis then you'll have to invent some way to nobble its
startup script so that it just doesn't do anything on machines where it
isn't wanted.

p.