[oe] [oe-commits] Sergey Lapin : busybox: prevent postinst script from failing

Roman I Khimov khimov at altell.ru
Thu Apr 22 14:05:21 UTC 2010

> recent addition in rootfs_ipk.bbclass which runs postinst scripts with
> -e option, while very useful, prevents busybox from configuring at image
> build time. It will be configured at first image boot if your file
> system is writable, but in case of e.g. squashfs, that will be fatal
> error. This commit prevents postinst to fail, so busybox will create
> all needed links at image build time.

I don't think this is the way to solve it, because alternatives setup should
work on build machine when everything is correct in packages. Most probably it
fails because there is some other package installed which provides some
program that is present in busybox, but that package doesn't use alternatives
for (some of) its binaries.

Essentially, this is a bug in a package providing "full" version of the
binary. You can easily debug those if you add "-x" switch to sh invocation in
rootfs_ipk.bbclass, you'll see then where it fails in image do_rootfs log.

I've catched some of those in util-linux-ng and will push some patches later
today.