[oe] special post build step for u-boot?

Steffen Sledz sledz at dresearch.de
Fri Apr 30 13:35:27 UTC 2010

We need to add a special post build step to u-boot for our machine.

This step consists of a concatenation of the built u-boot binary to
another (fix) binary and after this running a tool on the resulting
file.

The fix prefix file and the tool are built using another autotools
based (native-)recipe and are installed to the related datadir
resp. bindir.

My idea is to extended the u-boot recipe something like this:

DEPENDS_hipox += " specialtool-native "

do_deploy_append_hipox () {
	cat FOO/usr/share/specialtool/prefixfile ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/BAR > ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/BAR.wrapped
	specialtool ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/BAR.wrapped
}

Is this the right way to do this?

If yes, what is the correct replacement for FOO and BAR?

Steffen