[oe] how to NOT include xserver-kdrive in an OE build?

Jay Snyder jay.snyder at tycoelectronics.com
Mon Aug 2 18:58:48 UTC 2010

I am trying to use xorg-xserver 1.7.4 in my build for an Intel Atom Z510
system.
I want to build xf86-video-intel, but get the following error:

    *| checking for XORG... configure: error: Package requirements
    (xorg-server >= 1.6 xproto fontsproto  randrproto renderproto
    xextproto x11 xextproto) were not met:

    | Requested 'xorg-server >= 1.6' but version of xorg-server is 1.4.0.90
    |
    | Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
    | installed software in a non-standard prefix.
    |
    | Alternatively, you may set the environment variables XORG_CFLAGS
    | and XORG_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
    | See the pkg-config man page for more details.
    *

I checked the deply/glibc/ipk/i686 directory, and there are packages for
BOTH xserver-kdrive, and xserver-xorg built.

The xorg-xserver version being returned by pkg-config is the one for the
kdrive serer.
Since I'm not using the kdrive server, I'd like to prevent it from being
built at all, so that the pkg-config in my staging directories reflects
the actual version of xorg-xerver that I have built.

Thanks,
Jay