[oe] Problems building gdb-cross-sdk

Marc Reilly marc at cpdesign.com.au
Tue Aug 3 07:22:39 UTC 2010

On Monday, August 02, 2010 11:06:16 pm Hauser, Wolfgang (external) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running in strange problems while building gdb-cross-sdk.

snip

>   File "relocatable_binaries_preprocess", line 4, in <module>
>   File "relocatable_binaries_preprocess", line 2, in
> relocatable_binaries_preprocess
>   File "<bb>", line 7, in rpath_replace
>   File "<bb>", line 33, in process_dir
> OSError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted:
> '//usr/local/angstrom/arm/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-nm'
> <<<<<
>
> the production VM is drived from the test VM, so the used environment is
> mostly the same.
>
> The python routine obviously loose or mangle the ${SYSROOT_DESTDIR} and
> ${STAGING_DIR_TARGET} Variable, but I can't figure out why.

I had the same problems the other day. SYSROOT_DESTDIR was empty and so OE was
trying to work on the files that were already in place. (which fails due to
permission probs.)

> Instead of '//usr/local/angstrom/arm/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-nm'
> it should be something  like
> '/angstrom/temp/angstrom-omap3evm/work/i686-armv7a-sdk-angstrom-linux-gn
> ueabi/gdb-cross-sdk-7.1-r6.0/temp' I suppose.
>
> Has someone an idea what's going on ?
Sadly, I'm too new to all this. So I don't.

As a work around you can delete the existing toolchain installed at
/usr/local/angstrom/..... The build finishes, but I don't know what the
fallout is..

(I did notice that a note that said this recipe uses legacy staging, but I'm
not really sure what that means. Could that be something?)

Cheers
Marc