[oe] Switching between linux kernel versions

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at mac.com
Tue Aug 3 22:16:12 UTC 2010

Hi,
       Will I encounter problems, if within a single oe installation, I keep switching back and forth between linux kernel versions, e.g.

linux-omap3-2.6.32  and linux-omap3-2.6.35 ?

I was told earlier that it wasn't a good idea to do this, but I've noticed that now, the machine PR is taken from one of the mach/omap files, and set to r51 for TI OMAP 35xx series, e.g. beagleboard and Overo platforms.

So, is it safe to do this? I have to keep experimenting with various kernel versions, and what I'm doing at the moment is keeping the main recipe PV the same, e.g. linux-omap3-2.6.32, but internally, I change the git branch to point to different versions .e.g 2.6.35 , and perform the build, till I'm satisfied with the kernel version I want to work with.

Best regards,

Elvis