[oe] [RFD] openmoko status (and more specifically ./distro/include/preferred-om-2008-versions.inc)

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 10:34:19 UTC 2010

Hi,

I was wondering whether someone is still doing something with openmoko.
Rationale for asking is that om-2008 pins a lot of recipes in
./distro/include/preferred-om-2008-versions.inc
Now that is not necessarily bad, but some of those pinngs are to very
old recipes. Some of these recipes use legacy staging, whereas the
leading recipe (which is much newer) does not use legacy staging any
more.

That brought me to the question is anyone still using this?
If not, should we remove om support (or at least release the pinnings)
so some of those old recipes can be retired.

And if it still used, may I request the users to either
- move to later versions (especially for versions that have a -native
variant or use legacy staging)
or (at your discretion)
- fix the recipe involved.

Best regards, Frans