[oe] [RFC] add maintainers to distro conf files, move or remove orphaned distro's, remove obsolete distro's

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin at juszkiewicz.com.pl
Tue Aug 10 18:46:20 UTC 2010

Dnia wtorek, 10 sierpnia 2010 o 19:41:27 Frans Meulenbroeks napisał(a):

> celinux-test.conf
>   Not listed in MAINTAINERS
>   created by Marcin Juszkiewicz in 2006

Created for CELF and their testlab. No idea is it in use or not. Probably Tim
Bird would be a good contact. IIRC it was Angstrom fork.

> gmustix.conf
>   Not listed in MAINTAINERS
>   created by Marcin Juszkiewicz in 2006

I did not created it. Maybe I pushed someone's patch.

> iphone-compat.conf
>   Not listed in MAINTAINERS
>   created by eremy Laine in 2009

Imported from Poky or based on it probably.

> maemo5-compat.conf
>   Not listed in MAINTAINERS
>   created by Marcin Juszkiewicz in 2010

Created by Robert Schuster and edited/merged by me.

> nylon.conf
>   Not listed in MAINTAINERS
>   created by Martin Dietze in 2009

IIRC it is older then 2009 even.

> openmn.conf
>   Not listed in MAINTAINERS
>   created by nslu2-linux.adm at bkbits.net (!) in 2005

Maintained outside of OE tree and not merged back.

> openwrt-sdk.conf
>   Not listed in MAINTAINERS

Created in 2008/2009 to use OpenEmbedded to build packages compatible with
OpenWRT. Worth staying.

> sharprom-compatible.conf
>   Not listed in MAINTAINERS
>   probbly also created by nslu2-linux.adm at bkbits.net, but file has been
> touched by several people

Rolf 'Laibsch' Leggewie is closest to being maintainer of it.

> ucslugc.conf
>   Not listed in MAINTAINERS
>   created by John Bowler in 2005, content is mostly from Rod Whitby
> (2006/2007)

Yet another nslu2 distro - no idea is it in use.

> wrt54oe.conf
>   Not listed in MAINTAINERS
>   created by Chris Larson in 2005, content is mostly from Marcin
> Juszkiewicz (2005)

Gives packages which can be installed under OpenWRT 8.x (WhiteRussian).

> Distro's mentioned in MAINTAINERS but with no entry in conf/distro:
>   arago (Denys Dmytriyenko)

External tree.

>   familiar (Erik Hovland)

Dead, already removed from OE.

>   Sonkei (Rolf 'Laibsch' Leggewie, Matthias 'CoreDump' Hentges)

OpenZaurus clone - was maintained externally.

>   openzaurus (Richard Purdie)

Dead, already removed from OE.

Regards,
JID:      hrw at jabber.org