[oe] [RFC] Disable packaged-staging for perl-native

Tom Rini tom_rini at mentor.com
Thu Aug 12 17:12:22 UTC 2010

Tom Rini wrote:
> Roman I Khimov wrote:
>> В сообщении от Среда 28 июля 2010 03:45:21 автор Tom Rini написал:
>>> I'd like to disable packaged-staging for perl-native.  The problem here
>>> comes from a number of things that happen.  Some of these can only
>>> happen in combination with packaged-staging but others I believe could
>>> happen today.  The problem itself is that if we have perl-native
>>> available from packaged-staging it can suddenly exist very early.  What
>>> this means in practical terms is that now we're trying to generate say
>>> pod2man.pl from pod2man.pl.in and @perl@ is expanded to something beyond
>>> the "#!" mechanic length limit and recipes start failing to build
>>> (fixable by changing pod2man.pl.in to use /usr/bin/env perl (and if it
>>> had a -w changing to Use warnings: or whatever the perl is)).
>>
>> So the problem really is that we have perl in
>> /very-very-long-path/perl? IMO /usr/bin/env change would be better in
>> that case.
>
> The most common case is that one, yes.  I'm open to suggestions on
> catching and fixing these problems ahead of time but the issue is we're
> talking about for example wget which has no dependency on perl-native.

As I go over the list of stuff to get a "1.0" of relocatable packaged
staging done, ping?  Blacklist perl-native for now or someone suggest
how to catch and fixup all the cases to be /usr/bin/env perl ?  iirc
just setting ac_cv...="/usr/bin/env perl" won't do it since we end up
trying to invoke /usr/bin/env perl -w sometimes and that's an error.

--
Tom Rini
Mentor Graphics Corporation