[oe] What to do about the poor bitbake Quality Control?

J. L. vwyodapink at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 16:16:12 UTC 2010

I agree with you AJ, its become a serious pain to just get a built
image. I myself have only built once completely and have yet to again
since figuring out the changes I needed to make to that image. I would
like to help myself but someone like me whose not very competent in
this area finds the documentation a tad lacking to properly learn the
ways to help. I still have yet to figure out how to even get my own
program from the net to build with OE as just following the hello
world does not seem to be enough for me to grasp how to do it with an
actual problem. Which runs me into my next issue I can not properly
modify the way some programs build to get the features I want.

I have also noticed on the gumstix boards while most of the time it
seems its the same errors people get, every once in awhile you see
some people with one issue and others with another.

I am sure this wont be of much use as a post but figured I would chime
in from an inexperienced beginner trying to get a footing in here and
to actually be able to use things properly.