[oe] cleaning recipes

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 19:09:58 UTC 2010

2010/8/16 Marc Olzheim <zlo at zlo.nu>:

> In the case of coreutils, that is 6.0.
> GPLv2 is ok here as well. The problem with GPLv3 here is that as soon as
> we incorporate some GPLv3 package we need to provide the abilitiy for
> customers to rebuild their image (Right to Tinker), which we cannot and
> will not do.

I do understand the implications of v3 too well. My previous employer
also didn't want GPLv3 in their products for IPR reasons.

I've reverted the coreutils removal and re-removed 7.1 and 7.2, so 6.0
is still there.
As you have an interest in this recipe you might be interested to move
to 6.9 (which seems the last GPLv2 version).
Also I would greatly appreciate it if you could see if you can move
the recipe to BBCLASSEXTEND = "native"
And this
do_install() {
        autotools_do_install