[oe] gnome-utils and gnome-applets configuring without scrollkeeper

Jason Kridner jkridner at beagleboard.org
Thu Aug 19 01:57:18 UTC 2010

>From what I've seen, EXTRA_OECONF = "--disable-scrollkeeper" does not
eliminate the dependency on scrollkeeper.

Taking a read of configure's command-line help:
--disable-scrollkeeper  do not make updates to the scrollkeeper
database

I don't think that means that there isn't a dependency on
scrollkeeper, only that the database isn't updated.  I can tell you
that configure won't complete until I run 'bitbake
scrollkeeper-native'.

Has anyone really been able to build these without scrollkeeper?  Can
anyone suggest how to proceed to create a patch?