[oe] OE stable, testing, dev

Florian Boor florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de
Thu Aug 19 09:33:25 UTC 2010

Hi,

Cliff Brake schrieb:
>> So something like Debian's stable, testing and unstable[1]?
>
> That sounds good to me -- so how about org.openembedded.dev and
> org.openembedded.testing branches?

great to see this finally happen, I remember we discussed this years ago.

> I'll plan to start doing a clean build of dev every Monday for the
> Beagleboard, and then merge to testing once it builds.  Initial
> targets:
>
> Angstrom Distro
> beagleboard/beagleboard-linuxtag2010-demo-image
> x86/minimal-image

I would start to make use of it right now. Starting with builds for armv6 and
armv4t. I would use a different distribution (minimal maybe) for one of the
builds at least to see how this behaves.

> My workstation runs a 64-bit OS, so that is probably worst case
> (compared to i686).

Did you ever build on a PowerPC? :-)

Greetings

Florian

--
The dream of yesterday                  Florian Boor
is the hope of today                    Tel: +49 271-771091-15
[Robert Hutchings Goddard, 1904]        florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de
                                        http://www.kernelconcepts.de/en