[oe] orphaned files

Vitus Jensen vjensen at gmx.de
Thu Aug 19 12:40:44 UTC 2010

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:

> I've made a list of patch files in recipes (prefixed with file://) and
> compared it with the list of patch files as appear on disk.
> Below is the list of 645 files that do not show up in any recipe and
> as such can be considered as orphaned.
> Proposal is to remove these files after double checking that they are
> indeed not used.
>
> Do people agree with this? If so can I have an ack?
>
> And do we want to have a commit for every file (makes it easy to
> revert an error) or a big commit with all removals?
> (removals per dir are also possible but that process is more difficult
> to automate and hence not my preferred solution.
>
> Your opinion is appreciated.
>
> Frans

Hello Frans,

how did you create that list?  As I see it, there must be an error in the
analysis somewhere:

> htmldoc paths_1.8.27.patch

vitus at asterix:/home/nobkp/oe.dev/recipes/htmldoc$ fgrep -C 1 paths_1.8.27.patch *
htmldoc_1.8.27.bb-SRC_URI = "http://..../htmldoc-${PV}-source.tar.bz2 \
htmldoc_1.8.27.bb:file://paths_1.8.27.patch"
htmldoc_1.8.27.bb-
--
htmldoc-gui_1.8.27.bb-SRC_URI = "http://..../${PV}/htmldoc-${PV}-source.tar.bz2 \
htmldoc-gui_1.8.27.bb:file://paths_1.8.27.patch"

Best regards,
    Vitus

--
Vitus Jensen, Hannover, Germany, Universe (current)
pgp public key available from keyservers