[oe] libc.a sanity check

Alessandro GARDICH gremlin at gremlin.it
Thu Aug 19 14:08:56 UTC 2010

 Hi all

Recently i got into a know "bug" of OE.
Trying to build a static native executable do_compile fail with
"/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lc" .

For me was module-init-tools-cross and my target was atngw100 with
uclibc so I spend quite long time trying to figure out what was wrong
recipe (I though was uclibc), before have the hint to check if my native
(HOST) static (g)libc was installed ...

probably the same bug will arise on other recipes with static native
target executable, someone know which ones ?

I'm trying to find how to write a sanity check for that issue, i check
classes/sanity.bbclass but didn't find check similar to what i need. Any
clue on how to do ?

Try to compile a "hello.c" statically is a good way to check ?

thanks!

--
|     Alessandro Gardich : gremlin#gremlin!it      |
|  I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.      |
|  A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough |
|  without ever having felt sorry for itself.      |