[oe] iputils fails to build due to missing sgmlspl

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 06:25:00 UTC 2010

2010/8/20 Denys Dmytriyenko <denis at denix.org>:
> On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 09:35:02AM -0600, AJ ONeal wrote:
>
>> I was mistaken. It didn't build iputils. I started over from scratch, built
>> everything up to iputils, and failed!

[...]

>> sudo-apt-get install sgmlspl
>> bitbake iputils

That is a workaround which works because then you're using the native
sgmlspl (which is probably not too desirable wrt reproducability on
other systems).

>> now it appears to be running...
>
> BTW, I think it has just been fixed:
>
> http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/commit/?id=4511027a40d9659d944ff2e02503d51536af92a6

Yup. I bumped into the same issue (being unawara of this thread).
sgmlspl-native did not export its executable, only a -dev pacakge
(which might have sufficed at some point in time).
I just let it stage all its files. After that for me iputils builds fine.

Enjoy, Frans