[oe] [RFC] Glibc vs tzdata

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Fri Aug 20 15:47:33 UTC 2010

As far as I can tell, both the main glibc package and the main tzdata
package provide the same core set of ${datadir}/zoneinfo files.  I've seen
opkg complain about this when creating images that want both recently.  I've
also noticed that eglibc's recipe explicitly rm -rf's
${D}${datadir}/zoneinfo so that it doesn't provide it.  I suspect that
tzdata's information is going to be newer than any given glibc's zone info.
Is there any reason to not just remove them from glibc, or remove them and
rrec on tzdata?  Thoughts?
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com