[oe] testing branch 2010-08-23

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 23:49:16 UTC 2010

Hello,

As detailed in the following page, we are trying to get a testing
branch going where we try to verify OE builds for a number of
combinations of distro/machine/target/

http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/Testing

I have branched dev.oe.org to the testing-testing branch, and have
verified it builds the following.

beagleboard 	angstrom-2008.1 	beagleboard-linuxtag2010-demo-image
	Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit 	User:Cbrake
beagleboard 	angstrom-2008.1 	console-image 	Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit 	User:Cbrake

Next Monday, we will merge testing-testing to the testing branch, and
tag it with the testing_2010-08-23 tag, and note the combinations that
build in the above wiki page.

We are looking for people who are willing to test clean builds of
other combinations on a regular basis, or other ideas on how to make
this "testing" concept work.  My initial thought is to work on a
weekly cycle, but of course not every combination will be tested every
week.

If this gains enough traction, perhaps we will want to make the
testing branch the default OE meta-data branch so that new users by
default get something that will probably build.  I think its also very
useful to give users a known starting point.  With the myriad of
combinations available, its useful to know what is a good baseline.

Thanks,
Cliff